Four Vulnerable Areas Of Your Home From The Fire Damage Cleanup Experts

fire damage cleanup idaho falls, fire damage idaho falls, fire damage restoration idaho fallsNo part of your home is immune to the threat of a fire. However, only a few rooms make up the vast majority of the areas where fires are typically started. As a result, you should pay extra attention to these rooms of your home and what you can to prevent fires in them. Here are a few tips on how to do that for each of these rooms according to our fire damage cleanup experts at Restore Rite. Our team of fire damage cleanup experts have serviced hundreds of homes in the Idaho Falls community.


For someone who is not cautious while cooking, the kitchen is a ticking time bomb for fires. This is simply because there are so many different heat sources in a kitchen and so many different ways for something to go wrong and start a fire. Just make sure that you are always extremely cautious while cooking and that you don’t ever leave a heat source unattended for any reason. 


Fires in bedrooms can occur in a variety of different ways. Some of the most common are space heaters, candles, and electrical malfunctions. Space heaters may be great for keeping a room warm, but keeping something flammable close to it can lead to disaster. Candles may make your room smell great, but they are just one mistake away from falling and catching something on fire. Electrical malfunctions are more difficult to predict since they can happen for many different reasons. To prevent them in your bedroom, however, make sure you don’t overload any circuits and that you replace any old or faulty wiring. This simple step can prevent you from costly fire damage cleanup in the future.

Laundry Room

Dryer lint is a main cause of laundry room fires. If you don’t clean vents and filters regularly, the heat could cause lint to catch fire. This is because dryer lint is actually incredibly flammable. It is even used by some people as kindling to start fires. While this may be great on a camping trip, it’s the last thing you want in your home. Try not to run the washer or dryer when you’re not home in case something gets overheated and you need to act.


Like everything else, chimneys need to be cleaned. Almost all chimney fires happen because the chimney was not properly cleaned. Oftentimes, homeowners may burn materials that leave behind an oily residue that can easily catch on fire. You can perform a simple scrape test to see if your chimney needs to be cleaned. Equip the proper protective gear and scrap the inside of the chimney with the proper utensil. Our fire damage cleanup experts suggest that if the residue is 1/8 inches thick, it’s time to schedule a cleaning. If the residue is thicker than 1/6 inches, avoid lighting a fire until your chimney is properly cleaned. 

Fire Damage Cleanup In Idaho Falls

The last thing anyone wants is a fire in their home. Even setting the danger aside, they can be so destructive as to ruin everything you own. As you focus your fire prevention efforts on your kitchen, bedrooms, laundry room, and chimney, however, you will be able to be much more at ease regarding fires. Nonetheless, if your Idaho Falls home is ever affected by a fire don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Restore Rite for our fire damage cleanup services.